Friday, July 2, 2010

My Arrival

across the pond: Loose Ends: "Forty-eight hours to go before I leave the ranch and I finally finished the last of the 'required reading.' Three quarters of the packing is..."

July 2nd, 2010. I have consumed every English delicacy known to man. I went to "The Olde Spring" pub for a lunch of salmon cakes and spring salad, then a bakery for fresh pastries, then a fish and chip shop for dinner, and topped it all off with a pint of Adams Broadside English Ale, which hit me like a brick!

My accent has been called "Californian" and made fun of by the lady in the bakery who thought it funny that I should say A-pricot instead of apri-cot.
Most people however have been extremely friendly. I shared a cab with a gentleman returning from Qatar who insisted on paying for the taxi ride without my help. I met a poet who lives on a house boat floating on the River Cam and a working class fellow that says he doesn't care who's Prime Minister because there's only a five pound difference in his take home pay either way, Torry or Labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment